Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Treadmill.com may collect and how we may use it.
1. When you purchase a product, use our website, or contact us, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information. We may also collect demographic information such as your zip code, age, gender, preferences, and interests.
2. If you choose to make a purchase, we will ask for additional information, including your credit card number and billing address and other information in order to determine your credit worthiness.
3. We also collect additional information without identifying you as an individual, such as IP address, browser type and language, and referring Web site addresses. We also use Web site analytic tools on sites to retrieve information from your browser, including the site you came from, the search engine and the key words you used to find our site and the pages you view within our site. We use techniques, such as cookies and web beacons to collect information about the pages you view, the links oyu click and other actions you take on our site.
1. The personal information we collect allows us to improve our services, content, and advertising. If you don't want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by contacting email@example.com.
2. We also use personal information to help us develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
3. From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Treadmill.com, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
4. We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Treadmill.com's products, services, and customer communications.
5. If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
We also collect non-personal information − data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
1. We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where a Treadmill.com product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
2. If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Treadmill.com may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Treadmill.com website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
At times Treadmill.com may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Treadmill.com to provide products and services, or that help Treadmill.com market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by Treadmill.com to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Treadmill.com shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Treadmill.com operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Treadmill.com to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Treadmill.com takes precautions - including administrative, technical, and physical measures - to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
When you use some Treadmill.com products, services, or applications or post on an Treadmill.com forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
We make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Treadmill.com is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made through Treadmill.com.
To provide location-based services on Treadmill.com products, Treadmill.com and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your Treadmill.com computer or device. This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by Treadmill.com and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, we may share geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.
To opt out of Google's use of cookie tracking and remarketing, please visit Google's Ad Settings. If you would like to completely opt out of third-party cookie advertising, you may opt-out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Treadmill.com websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Treadmill.com employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
Last updated: December 9th, 2013