User-Friendly Console and Optional iFit® Capability
The ICON PFEX53912’s console provides motivation through its RackTrackTM Display while tracking speed, time, distance and calories. Console is iFit® Wi-Fi module compatible, which would provide additional fitness tracking and workouts.
iPod® Compatibility and Accessories
Personalize your workouts by accessing iPod® playlists through the integrated Intermix AcousticsTM 2.0 Sound System featured on the ICON PFEX53912. Water bottle holder and front-mounted transportation wheels provide simplicity and ease to all exercisers.
Resistance and Flywheel
SMRTM or Silent Magnetic Resistance enhances workouts through its 20 levels of resistance. ICON’s 14 lb. effective Flywheel provides a steady and fluid motion.
Customized Workouts and Heart Rate Monitoring
The Proform 6.0 ES recumbent bike brings the personal trainer to your home through its SMRTM 20 resistance levels and 22 various workout apps, such as heart rate training that is monitored through the built-in, dual-grip hand sensors.
Ultimate comfort is provided through the Proform 6.0 ES recumbent bike’s adjustable and over-sized seat that gives extra lumbar back support.
The ICON PFEX53912 is designed with comfort, performance and stability in mind. The Proform 6.0 ES recumbent bike accommodates all users through the following main framework features:
1) Foot stability is provided to users through the ergonomic pedals with adjustable straps as they work to keep your feet secured during workouts.
2) Achieve a smooth, natural biking motion through the Proform 6.0 ES cycle’s 14 lb. effective inertia-enhanced Flywheel.
3) Built for performance and durability, ICON’s PFEX53912 recumbent can hold up to 300 lbs.
4) The Proform 6.0 ES provides the ultimate comfort and accessibility in a seated workout machine through its Step ThruTM design, recumbent frame and adjustable, over-sized seat with lower back support.
5) Multi-functional handlebars adjustability factor accommodate any rider, and the non-slip, multi-position grips provide variety and comfort.
6) Relocation of your ICON PFEX53912 is made easy through the front-mounted transport wheels.
iPod® Compatible Music Port
The Intermix Acoustics 2.0 Sound System featured on the ICON PFEX53912 recumbent bike allows you to customize your workout entertainment through your personal iPod®.
OPTIONAL iFit® Compatible Console Kit
Achieve further workout variety with the iFit® Wi-Fi module. Compatible with the Proform 6.0 ES bike’s console, the iFit® Wi-Fi module features online fitness tracking, Google MapsTM generated workouts, event training and video workouts.
The Proform PFEX53912 6.0 ES cycle’s 22 workout apps bring the certified personal trainer directly to your home as these fitness programs were created and designed by professional coaches and trainers.
Silent Magnetic Resistance
The Proform 6.0 ES recumbent bike’s SMRTM technology allows exercisers to increase caloric burn, intensity and target specific muscle groups to help improve overall tone and fitness.
PROS: Overall, happy with the unit. It's solid, reasonably easy to assemble, adjustable, comfortable. Especially like the automatic turn on/off of the digital display -- no fumbling for on/off buttons.
CONS: If you're just starting out using an exercise bike, you'll find that even the lowest setting ('1') has way more resistance than I think it should. Given that the resistance settings go from '1' to '20', I would think that '1' should be pretty easy, almost free-wheeling but it's not. I manually adjusted the tension belt as loose as it would go without slipping and, even then, setting '1' has more resistance than I would like. May be something that 'loosens up' as you start using the bike on a regular basis.